Who are we looking for?
At Vista, we take pride in our products being reliable and effective for our customers. We are looking for an Automation Test Engineer with an eye for detail and who puts quality in the forefront.
The NZ: Automation Test Engineers Role
We have a lot of sophisticated software and we need clever, fast-thinking problem solvers who get a buzz from making sense of complexity and achieving results in good time.
You would be responsible for ensuring that testing deliverables are effective and measurable for efficiency and accuracy, as well as the creation and maintenance of our System Test strategy.
Along with enjoying a challenge and working in and guiding a dynamic and very collaborative team, you will also:
- Ensure System Test frameworks are fit for purpose, efficient, scalable, and maintainable and are applicable to the CI/CD strategy
- Ensure that automation code is treated as production code and meets re-usability and standardisation
- Set up performance testing scenarios and run to simulate loads for concurrent users
- Understand black box testing, white box testing, and test automation
- Have development experience with programming languages and concepts (C#, Powershell script).
- Demonstrate experience in the delivery of complex automated test solutions to budget, time, and quality.
- Have experience and knowledge of working in a CI/CD environment across multiple environments.
- Be aware of networks, performance, and secure software coding practices
- Have practical and current experience with a range of open source and commercial test automation technologies (e.g. Specflow, Cucumber, JMeter) across modern front-end, back-end, and Cloud environments.
We’ve built a team who love what they do and share a passion for great software and great movie experiences. We encourage continuous learning and improvement, share knowledge and ideas freely, and have a dynamic and open culture.
And, if that’s not enough, how about this list:
- Work for a prestigious Kiwi company, in one of the coolest industries in the world (movies are more exciting than accounting, right?), listed in the NZX100
- Almost a 50% chance of seeing the software you work on in any cinema in the world
- Medical insurance for you and your partner/family after 12 months of being at Vista –equivalent to $1,000 cost per person per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Life insurance – $50,000 from your start date
- Extended sick leave – up to 10 days per year
- Vista Ed (a day of varied and interesting presentations and discussions to keep your edge sharp for your work at Vista)
- Vista Innovation Cup (dedicated time to create something new that will make Vista, cinema, or the world a better place—and maybe earn you a prize)
- Extended paid parental leave
- A very busy social calendar
- Free counselling services through EAP (employee assistance program)
- Corporate rates for a gym membership
- Flu vaccinations
- Quarterly movie tickets
If you enjoy a challenge and working in a dynamic and very collaborative team, you’ll love working at Vista.
Here at Vista we value inclusivity and celebrate diversity. We’re committed to offering equal opportunity to our staff and candidates — regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religious, ethical beliefs or political opinion. This commitment is reflected in all our employment policies and procedures.
Use our online form to applyApply Now